No, I know guest posting is dead etc etc. But wait, why is EVERYONE doing it? Think about Neil Patel, one of the most well known SEO and digital marketing minds of our generation. Neil has been featured on just about every platform known in the marketing niche. Oh yah, but guest posting is dead.
You’re Doing It Wrong
Guest posting should not JUST be about link building. It should be about finding new audiences that you can get in front of to drive sales, increase email signups, and well, you know… market stuff. Podcasters, Instagram personalities, they are all doing various forms of “guest posting”. Although they may call it different things, “Instagram Take overs”, “Podcast Guest” etc.
The fact is that good marketers share audiences and leverage each other in order to multiply their earning potential.
- We get to know your business, or client’s business
- Researching Niche Related, Niche Adjacent websites that we can pitch a content feature.
- We pitch the concept.
- We engage in emails back and forth about topic ideas.
- We assign our writers to create the piece.
- We edit the article to include links to the clients current site so they will not have to do it themselves.
- We send over the article.
- We get a response back. They either accept it, or it comes back for another edit.
- We get live links.
- It’s a long process but it works.